[WikiEN-l] Admin burnout

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 01:09:01 UTC 2007

> On 2/10/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I still aspire to an English Wikipedia where any editor can become
> > admin unless unsuitable - rather than the present utterly broken RFA
> > process. Meh!

> That will first require a more effective way of neutraliseing problem admins.

Oh, I dunno. (I don't think I'm revealing anything I shouldn't about
AC discussions by saying that) The AC is quite aware of problematic
admin behaviour and, while extending admins a *lot* of trust and
slack, will deadmin people at the end of a case or (if needed) at the
drop of a hat for the good of the project. The AC doesn't scale, but
us old burnouts are telling the n00bs to do a set number of hours a
week on mucking out the arbitration pits AND NO MORE.

- d.