[WikiEN-l] Admin burnout

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 16:50:58 UTC 2007

on 2/9/07 10:54 AM, Stan Shebs at stanshebs at earthlink.net wrote:

> It would be continuously attacked, as proof positive of the evil admin
> cabal. That's all part of the baiting culture. There are also quite a
> few editors who are inclined to regard admins unfavorably to begin, as
> tiny manifestations of the The Man(tm), and who I'm sure are secretly
> gleeful when admins are taken down. It's not an organized program of
> divide-and-conquer, but the net effect is the same. One of the reasons I
> don't do more admin work is that I see what happens to other admins who
> stick their necks out, and it's just not worth it to me.

Stan,

I hear ya. But, by not having such an organized support system for the
reasons you stated, don't the wackos win? Who gives a damn if they see it as
a cabal or whatever, the benefits can far outweigh the bullshit. I don't
mean to belabor this, but, as you might guess, I'm a great believer in
interpersonal support systems.

Marc

--
If you're restricted to what is - you are cut off from - - what could be.