[WikiEN-l] Category:Jews -> Category:Jewsih people

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 13:11:31 UTC 2007

On 2/5/07, Cool Cat <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Categories_for_discussion/Log/2007_February_2#Category:Jews
>
> I proposed a rename as per wikipedias categorization scheme, we add "people"
> to any ethnicity. There appears to be a number of panic "oppose" votes. What
> do you think?

For what it's worth, I do find the formulations "Jews", "American
Jews" etc rather awkward and find they have unfortunate connotations.
Is it preferable to have "Jewish people" inconsistent with
"Buddhists"? I don't know.

I do know that tags instead of categories (which is what these really
are) would make this easier: "Jewish", "American".

Steve