[WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 4 23:24:47 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:

> On 03/02/07, Parker Peters <parkerpeters1002 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I "changed" email addresses because I was told that the database tables
>> related to my account were beyond repair and had to be deleted. This
>> was the
>> whole cause of the "bob" incident, despite whatever sinister motives you
>> want to try to read into a problem purely created by a data storage
>> medium
>> somewhere going bad.
>
> This is transparent rubbish. Google told you no such thing.

Note the passive voice, Parker never claimed that Google told him that.
It was probably "Bob" that told him. Of course, problems with the
"database tables" might cause loss of old messages or possibly other
quirky behavior, but if they've been deleted I see no reason why
somebody couldn't start over with the same email address as before.

--Michael Snow