[WikiEN-l] Survey about paid editing

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 18:32:22 UTC 2007

Gregory Kohs <thekohser at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering what the opinions of "influential
> Wikipedians" are regarding
> this MSNBC poll that shows 40% of over a thousand people
> think like I do?
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16795533/

There wasn't a vote for, "Can you phrase the question to be
more misleading?"

"Is it ok to pay people to post or edit Wikipedia content?"
- I'd say it's easy to have wrongly interpreted that to be
a question about whether it's OK for Wikipedia to hire
editors/posters.  If you phrase it as, is it OK for
companies to insert undisclosed ads and PR into articles,
you'll get very different survey results.

~~Pro-Lick
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Halliburton_Shill
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Pro-Lick
http://www.wikiality.com/User:Pro-Lick (now a Wikia supported site)