[WikiEN-l] WikiProjects overriding policy

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Thu Feb 1 11:57:23 UTC 2007

Here is another case of something I mentioned to this mailing list some
time ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Timwi&diff=104821425&oldid=104820754

In a nutshell, the [[Wikipedia:WikiProject UK Parliament
constituencies]] wants to add the parenthesis "(UK Parliament
constituency)" to all constituency articles, even those that don't have
ambiguous names and would therefore -- under the general naming
convention rules -- not have the parenthesis.

These people feel they're completely in the right because they have a
discussion to link to -- a discussion that took place on the WikiProject
page. Since such a discussion cannot override a general rule such as the
Naming Convention, how do I properly respond to this without causing an
edit war (or move war)?

Timwi