[WikiEN-l] What to do about messages/edits from the same user with multiple IP addresses?

wikipediaman troyknight at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Dec 30 13:45:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I've looked everywhere I can think of
on Wikipedia to find out what to do.

On a particular contentious article I'm editing, there are 3 IP addresses
editing the article on one side of the debate. After looking these IP's up
on http://www.ip-adress.com/, 2 are from the same city and 1 is from a city
30 miles away. Thus, it sppears as though somebody is playing games and
editing as though they are 3 different people (the city isn't a big city or
anything so can't be by chance).

Anyone know what I can do about this?