[WikiEN-l] Visual disambiguation pages

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 13:19:35 UTC 2007

Wondering if anyone had attempted a "visual disambiguation" page, for
locating plants or animals visually. A few photos could be given for
each level of the taxonomy, down to the lowest level. Would such a
thing fit within the Wikipedia framework? Would it fit better at
Wikispecies?

I have a recurring problem where I take photos of plants that I can't
identify, but really have no way to find out what they are, in order
to add them to the relevant article. And presumably such a structure
would be useful to other people, too.

Thoughts?

Steve