[WikiEN-l] WP:EPISODE

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 22 19:17:34 UTC 2007

Ken Arromdee wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Bryan Derksen wrote:
>> I think it would be best to establish once and for all that, _by
>> itself_,  "non-notability" is not a particularly good reason to delete
>> anything.
>
> These weren't deletes, they were merges.
>
> Perhaps we should recognize that merges can be de-facto deletes and start
> treating them as such.

Indeed. They are merges only in name; in the vast majority of cases the
various "list of" articles have only a tiny amount of information
compared to the original articles. The only real difference between this
and deletion is the ability for non-admins to go digging for the
original text (assuming they know it's there for the finding, which most
users wouldn't).