[WikiEN-l] COO story now in major media

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Dec 22 16:05:04 UTC 2007

G MZ wrote:
> While I would be the first to argue that one can't have a page on every
> petty criminal in the world, it is going to be very odd if a page on this
> woman is forbidden.  When the page happens, and it will happen, it might be
> best if it is actually written by Jimbo.  No-one can accuse anyone of cover
> ups then.

I don't think it is very odd at all if we follow our normal editorial
policies.  Writing an article... or failing to write an article... for
PR reasons is not the Wikipedia way.  NPOV is non-negotiable.

And following our normal policies, particular WP:BLP1E, there is just no
way in hell we would have an article about her if it weren't for naval
gazing, trolling, or some kind of attempt to manage PR.

Normal Wikipedia policy would firmly forbid it.

--Jimbo