[WikiEN-l] COO story now in major media

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 10:25:10 UTC 2007

I assume David intended to provide an opportune  illustration of  the
typical ways in which prejudice defeats NPOV: the ordinarily reliable
sources are not reliable in this particular instance, or the coverage
is not substantial.  Such views from our friends would lead to the
destruction of the encyclopedia more than anything which our declared
enemies could say.

> On 22/12/2007, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > When the press talks about us, they do so because the things here are
> > not important. When they talk about people who work here, they're
> > doing so because nobody cares to know about them.  NPOV, N, and RS for
> > V don't apply to us, because nothing about us can be verified, nothing
> > written about us by the press can be reliable, we know we're never
> > going to be notable, and NPOV means we need to protect ourselves
> > against visibility.
>

> The above was clearly written without reference to the actual observed
> behaviour, i.e. every media fart and puff involving Wikipedia getting
> noted in Wikipedia.
>

> - d.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.