[WikiEN-l] Citizendium on quality

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:14:23 UTC 2007

> Peter Blaise responds: "Stable versions" of any so-called knowledge are
> the antithesis of knowledge, and are totally inappropriate for anything
> but tired religionists who want to stop thinking once and for all.

It depends on if you're using "stable" as descriptive or prescriptive.
We're using it descriptively, "stable version" basically just means
"this article hasn't had any major changes made to it recently". It
doesn't mean "this article shouldn't have any major changes made to
it".

The idea is that an article being more stable is a sign that it is
likely to be more reliable (how true that assumption is, I don't know,
but I think there's at least some truth to it). It's certainly not a
guarantee, but it's a good piece of evidence.