[WikiEN-l] COO story now in major media

Nathan Awrich nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 21:22:38 UTC 2007

I created the original article, and while I agree that it was
problematic (in that the only reference to the claim of convictions
was, originally, the Register article) I think there are sufficient
other sources to allay BLP concerns - and now sufficient other
coverage to allay notability concerns. I also believe that the
attempts by some to deal with the perceived urgent issues were hasty,
in particular the desysop. I'll wait on the DRV to hear what others on
this list believe is the appropriate next step. As an aside, how does
Charles Ainsworth (Cla68, I believe) end up commenting in every news
article? Sheesh.

Nathan