[WikiEN-l] Another admin burnout

Nathan Awrich nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 00:08:41 UTC 2007

I respect the sentiment, but I don't think Wikipedia needs to get into
the habit of providing emotional support systematically to editors.
There are a lot of people out there with a lot of problems. Folks need
to take responsibility for their own wellbeing and their own actions.
Flameouts are a fact of life and always have been - not just on the
Internets, either. I think the last thing we need is a coordinated
Wikiproject to provide emotional support to troubled editors, or a set
of templates like "You seem stressed out, do you need a temporary
Wikibreak?" that are nicely designed and completely standardized and
impersonal.