[WikiEN-l] Messianic Judaism

doc doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 20 16:41:52 UTC 2007

gwern0 at gmail.com wrote:
> On 2007.12.20 10:57:57 -0500, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> scribbled 0.3K characters:
>> Someone has conveniently deleted all the criticism from the lead, in
>> violation of [[WP:LEAD]].
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Messianic_Judaism&diff=175803950&oldid=175525305
>>
>> I'm planning to go in tonight and do some re-adding and tagging. Will
>> you be able to watch my back?
>
> I don't think this is really appropriate for WikiEN-l, even assuming that this is not a violation of the spirit of WP:CANVASS at the least.
>
> --
> gwern
> X400 NAVCM F-22 SERT rain RIT Gulf BLACKER clones cryptanalysis

No, I'm really glad he posted this to wikien-1. That way he'll not just
get sympathetic input from the like minded, but he'll get a spectrum of
views, which will ensure his editing is truly NPOV. I salute jayig for
doing this. Wikipedia at its neutral best.

This decision is so much better than if he'd, say, intended to post it
to a single-issue mailing list of editors who share his outlook -
because that would truly be deplorable canvasing.

Long live NPOV

doc