[WikiEN-l] Citizendium on quality

Grease Monkee welloiledmachine at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:26:51 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 12:36 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20/12/2007, Brian Salter-Duke <b_duke at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 11:18:56PM -0800, Grease Monkee wrote:
>
> > >    Wikipedia should be doing what Veropedia is doing. It's not a new
> > >    idea. I think Mav suggested  (like five years ago, or something)
> using
> > >    the Nupedia domain for exactly that.
>
> > Why was it not done? We have talked about stable versions for too long.
> > We should be doing it or supporting veropedia doing it.
>

> It got lost in endless talking, as far as I recall.
>

> - d.

Oh come on, David. You know as well as I do that when the  "wheels" want
something done it gets done, like oversite or checkuser. And when they don't
feel like doing doing something  they see to it that the community "talks"
until the cows come home. You can't blame this on the community engaging in
"endless talking", as there is no other initiative that has such widespread
consensus. This is a failure of leadership to honor the will of the
community, nothing more.