[WikiEN-l] Former Wikimedia employee was a felon.

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 08:11:17 UTC 2007

A non-profit with a teeny, tiny staff kept on a temp from an agency
several years ago. Today, we learn she is a felon. So a bad mistake
was made.

Where this seems to have caused bad blood in the community (at least
to my thinking), is where people have taken the Register's
rumor-mongering too seriously. They take a honest  hiring mistake on
the part of the Foundation and turn it in to an engine pushing the
idea that this has somehow had a continued effect on the charity's
finances or the regular functioning of the project.

I say we perhaps try and show a united front to this unfounded claim
and act like adults: showing an assumption of good faith for the
Foundation and getting on with the work at hand.