[WikiEN-l] Former Wikimedia employee was a felon.

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Fri Dec 14 16:01:52 UTC 2007

Quoting Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com>:

> Joshua Zelinsky wrote:
>> Quoting Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com>:
>>>
>>> Or else it's no big deal at all.  Partly it depends on how you
>>> look at it.
>>
>> Two problems: first, there were multiple convictions...
>
> Have we confirmed that, or are we still taking the Register's
> anonymous informant's word for it?  (I haven't followed the whole
> thread; apologies if this point has in fact been cleared up.)

Wikinews has tracked down a variety of criminal records. See
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Former_Chief_Operating_Officer_of_Wikimedia_Foundation_is_convicted_felon

The only one I see completely confirmed there aside from the DUI is her
shooting
her boyfriend according to the Washington Post. I haven't seen any records yet
that directly pertain to the larceny or check fraud.