[WikiEN-l] Former Wikimedia employee was a felon.

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Fri Dec 14 11:19:05 UTC 2007

> Earlier: "... There was no question of the
> board "disclosing" information that we
> did not have..."

I think it's more of a question of taking responsibility for NOT having
such information beforehand, then pretending there was nothing to be
concerned about - including concern for the Wikipedia community.

Where I come from, things work this way for fix a problem:

GIVEN: Out of recognition of a connection to others, and recognizing a
break in that connection, and taking responsibility for that break:

1 - stop what you're doing

2 - fix what you broke

3 - take steps to prevent it from happening again.

Simple, no?

Defending oneself has no function.  Explaining may soothe, and dampen
speculation, but is insufficient.  Criticizing, condemning and
complaining, well, as Dale Carnegie would have said, are also
inappropriate.

See
http://www.mathewingram.com/work/2007/12/13/hey-dad-wikipedia-says-that-
you/
for an example of a public life in the new wiki world.