[WikiEN-l] Former Wikimedia employee was a felon.

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Fri Dec 14 04:01:11 UTC 2007

Quoting George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com>:

> Keep in mind that there are verifyably hundreds of Carolyn Doran's in
> the US.  It's entirely possible she's not the same person who
> committed those other crimes.  I don't know how good Cade Metz' fact
> checking is on that point; it needs to be verified, but I wouldn't
> assume it to be true.

If it isn't true the Foundation and Doran should sue The Register for
libel. If
this is wrong it might even constitute sufficiently reckless behavior to be
actionable in the United States, and certainly would be libel in Great Britain
where the Register is. However, I doubt even the Register would be this
sloppy.
I'd be willing to bet about 8 to 1 that this is the same Carolyn Doran.