[WikiEN-l] Former Wikimedia employee was a felon.

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Fri Dec 14 02:19:10 UTC 2007

According to the Register,  the Foundation's former COO was convicted felon.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/13/wikimedia_coo_convicted_felon/

This is just great. And now all the Register's previous material looks correct
because they broke this nonsense. This is likely going to be all over the
newspapers tomorrow. I'm so shocked and appalled that I don't even know
what to
say about this. Why were basic background checks not done and why
didn't we know
about this sooner. Are we trying to implode?