[WikiEN-l] WR's secret forum and list

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Dec 10 19:30:00 UTC 2007

Bryan Derksen wrote:
> If something like this were to happen again in six months, what should
> we do differently? Or better, how can we reduce the possibility of it
> happening again in six months?

Well I think we are very fortunate in one respect: due to the incredible
noise this generated, I am pretty sure that no one is going to make any
blocks with a reason of "secret evidence" for a very long time.

And we are unfortunate in another respect: due to a misunderstanding of
what has happened here, we may see a decline in admins having private
conversations with friends to "sanity check" things, and we may see a
decline in thoughtfully coordinated on-wiki actions.  And that's a shame.

--Jimbo