[WikiEN-l] Meet the Metz

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 19:18:42 UTC 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 5:19 PM, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:

> Another Cade Metz article on Wikipedia, following in the heels of the
> last one:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/06/wikipedia_and_overstock/

Daniel;

While I feel it's fine for everyone to have their say, including Bagley, I'm
somewhat dissapointed that you participated in helping a writer create a
puff piece that completely dismissed Bagley's long and well documented
history of dangerous stalking and harrassment activities.

What he's done online makes it completely unsuitable for him to ever edit
Wikipedia again.

Cade is clearly looking for and finding controversy.  The Register thrives
on that.  The reality is rather different.  Rendering aid and comfort to
people who behave sociopathically online is not in the best interests of the
project.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com