[WikiEN-l] On popular culture articles

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:19:32 UTC 2007

Looking for something mindless to watch as I worked tonight, I pulled
a random animated series DVD off the shelf at the library. ("American
Dad". It appears to be "just like Family Guy, but with
war-on-terrorism jokes". If you like one you'll like the other, and if
one annoys you ditto, but I digress.)

I watched a couple of episodes, got a vague idea what was going on
(and ironed my shirts). Then I sat down, paid a bit more attention,
and watched one without getting distracted.

And the test.

I then read our (characteristically exhaustive) article on that
episode, and came away knowing about twice as much about what had
happened in it as I had by actually watching the damn thing.

I'm not sure if this is a positive or negative sign, but it struck me
as an amusing experiment!

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk