[WikiEN-l] Forthcoming book about Wikipedia, "How Wikipedia Works" -- feedback wanted

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Tue Dec 4 19:33:23 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 1:21 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a significant convenience involved in having a physical book
> in your hand. I imagine a significant number of people will buy the
> book rather than download it.

Here is an interesting article about Cory Doctorow (BoingBoing etc)
and his licensing experience using creative commons for his books. Of
course he has no way of comparing, but he has said in a number of
places that he thinks it has worked out great.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/30/cory-doctorow-copyright-tech-media_cz_cd_books06_1201doctorow.html

As he says, the problem isn't selling the books, the problem is being
too obscure for anyone to care. Open licensing helps people hear about
your book and share it, and the more people that want it, the more
people will buy it. :)

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion