[WikiEN-l] Durova/!! matter now in newspaper.

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Tue Dec 4 13:49:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 06:46:11 -0500, "Alec Conroy"
<alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/4/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Funny, looks like you wrote the Slashdot.org article about it. http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/12/04/0333252
> >
> > I've booted this troll from the list as counterproductive for working
> > on the encylopedia. I'm sure he can have lots of fun on WR.
>
> Eeek.  I always wish we could make things just a little bit clearer
> that we're not, say, blocking, banning, or booting people just for
> saying bad things about us.

A few years ago, a critic of the Singapore government wrote an
article alleging that the government tried to suppress its critics by
bringing frivolous legal action against them.  The government
responded by suing the critic for libeling the government.

Hopefully, the leadership of Wikipedia and of this list can show more
sense than this, but I'm not always particularly confident of it.

--
== Dan ==