[WikiEN-l] Arbcom mailing lists need shredded

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Mon Dec 3 17:25:39 UTC 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 7:57 AM, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 07:26:04 -0500 (EST), "Fred Bauder"
> <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
>
> >The archives of the arbcom-l mailing list are seldom consulted, so could
> >probably be disposed of after a month or two. We need space where we can
> >talk candidly about real or imagined problems. That's how we sort out the
> >real from the imaginary.
>
> Does it need to be archived at all?

Should be, for legal reasons.  When you're dealing with publicly
accusing people of wrongdoing and banning them from a website I think
it'd be important to have details of any conversations leading to that
decision.  Whether or not anyone other than an agent of the foundation
should have access to the archive is a separate question, though.
(Whether or not anyone other than an agent of the foundation should be
on the arb com in the first place is yet another).