[WikiEN-l] Is there an email address to report vandalism to?

Nick heligolandwp at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:20:33 UTC 2007

Personally, I have no problems with you logging out and making
uncontroversial vandalism only reverts if you can, mainly because even
e-mailing through to us, it'll take longer than we would like for vandalism
to be dealt with, and on BLPs, that's a big problem.

You would still be evading your ban however and are liable to being blocked
at any time without notice, and given that we are all human and all have
different standards and feelings on issues like this, some see such behavior
as nothing more than a way to successfully evade a ban, whilst at the other
end of the spectrum, people are quite happy for the help on the quiet and
generally won't go around asking questions unless you make it impossible to
do otherwise.

Nick

On 02/12/2007, private musings <thepmaccount at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have 'Heather Mills' watchlisted and noticed this;
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/82.13.188.247
>
> Is there an email address banned users can report such stuff to?
>
> I'm also interested in the broader ethical question - this vandalism isn't
> the nastiness I've seen, but were it much worse, would it be a terrible
> thing for me to log off and fix the problem? Can banned users have a
> recourse to IAR if they're accused of breaching their ASBOs? (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASBO)
>
> best,
>
> PM

Nick