[WikiEN-l] drama and incivility

Armed Blowfish diodontida.armata at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 28 20:12:07 UTC 2007

On 28/08/07, Aude <audevivere at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/28/07, John Lee <johnleemk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Absolutely. I think many of us are approaching this situation from
>> different
>> angles, with different points of reference. Please bear in mind that this
>> is
>> a mailing list, not a wiki, and that our standards here are different
>> because of this.
>>
>> Also, folks, please try to reread the conversation that took place prior
>> David's comment. I would not have reacted the way David did, but what he
>> did
>> was hardly unjustified, and I think, not inappropriate.
>>
>> Johnleemk
>>

> Moderating that conversation, all involved, I think would have helped. I'll
> just note that Frank's first message to the list was on Sunday.  Is he
> unmoderated now? To keep prying into someone's personal matters, as he did
> was entirely unacceptable, once it was said the matter was being dealt
> with.  But, no one should post such language as David did, as it only flames
> the situation.  Not all discussions would need moderation, but I think some
> may.
>
> --
> Aude

Frank seemed to believe Jayjg had hurt the project somehow and
deserved... something.  I disagreed.  Others disagreed as well.
However, I am perfectly happy to keep debating the point until
one of us changes our mind, the various arguments are exhausted,
or we are exhausted.  Perhaps pretty much everyone is exhausted,
but Frank is still welcome to keep debating it with me.