[WikiEN-l] What en:wp would look like printed out

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Aug 30 02:58:41 UTC 2007

On 29 Aug 2007 at 10:58:53 -0600, Bryan Derksen
<bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I just hit "random page" ten times. I got articles about:

When I tried it myself, I got:

* A railway station in Scotland (not the one that was the 1,000,000th
article; this one was closed to passengers in 1966)
* A Brazilian soccer (football) player
* A species of bird, found in Brazil among other places (maybe the
soccer player managed to see one of them).
* A disambig page for two different towns in Wisconsin, USA with the
same name
* The Captain of the Portuguese Armada when they came to jeddah city.
 (And that's where this stub article ends.)
* A disambig page between a flower festival in Australia, and a
flower and gardening exposition held every 10 years in the
Netherlands
* A date in 2005 on which the 26th named storm of the Atlantic
hurricane season formed, and a governor granted clemency to a
convicted murderer about to be executed
* A Japanese WWII military commander executed for war crimes in 1949
* List of magazines published in Indonesia
* A writer of Battletech books and a military history book

An interesting variety of topics... it shows me why I still like
Wikipedia, even if I sometimes get into fights with other editors
here.  A pox on all the deletionists who want to reduce this variety.

It's great that we've got articles on practically every bridge over
the Mississippi, for instance... that meant that, when one of them
suddenly collapsed, we were there with background info and an article
to which new facts could be quickly added.

--
== Dan ==