[WikiEN-l] drama and incivility

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 07:08:45 UTC 2007

On 8/29/07, Monahon, Peter B. <Peter.Monahon at uspto.gov> wrote:
>         Power corrupts.
>
>         Absolute power (to ban) corrupts absolutely.

We're talking about moderating a mailing list here. Let's cut the hyperbole.

Personally I struggle to maintain interest in this list, with its
obsessive interest in issues tangential to Wikipedia. As Wikipedia has
grown, so has traffic on the list. I'd really like to see it split
somehow:

How about this:
wikien-l-content: Discussion of the content of specific pages,
policies that affect content etc
wikien-l-personalities: Discussion of people, who should be banned or
unbanned, whether X is a troll or not
wikien-l-general: Everything else

I'll happily subscribe to wikien-l-content and give the other two a miss.

Steve (listmod)