[WikiEN-l] Jayjg is AWOL

Armed Blowfish diodontida.armata at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 27 19:36:49 UTC 2007

On 27/08/07, Frank Bellowes <fbellowes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/27/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Jay has been communicative in email with Jimbo and members of the arbcom.
> >
> > -Matt
>
> Don't members of the project deserve some sort of explanation,
> particularly when he is under scrutiny in one ArbComm case and on ANI?
>
> If there is no transparency then there is no ability for other admins
> or users to respond (and possibly refute) whatever private
> explanations Jayjg may have proffered for his actions. This is not how
> an accountable, transparent project works.

Deserve some sort of explanation?  Just like they 'deserved' an explanation
about my history of getting abused, even after they banned me and I left?
Why do you use Tor, Armed Blowfish?  Why why why?  You are showing
bad judgement by using Tor.  Your reasons need to be out in the open for
the community to deliberate on.  (And, of course, when I did share... what?
More attacks.)  Hey, not my bloody fault I got abused.

Really, did it occur to you that Jayjg's reasons might be personal?  If he's
willing to talk to ArbCom about it, good for him, that's more than I was
(initially) willing to do.

ArbCom has access to information you don't and shouldn't have access to.
Let them deal with it.