[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 03:18:55 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> To be honest, I don't think there are any excessive backlogs. I think
> we have enough admins as it is. I think admin numbers are increasing
> roughly linearly, while everything else is increasing roughly
> exponentially, so we may run into problems eventually, but at the
> moment, things are working.

Actually things are no longer increasing exponentially.  At least,
number of articles isn't, and hasn't been since about September 2006.
New articles per day has been holding steady in the 1750 range for
months now (down from a peak of around 2400/day in August 2006).
We'll probably end up with fewer new articles in 2007 than there were
in 2006.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that a similar leveling off has happened
in terms active users; the active user pool may (or may not) still be
growing, but I don't think it's growing exponentially anymore, either.

(I don't know if we keep good data on edit rates, but I think it's the
same story there as well.)

-Sage (User:Ragesoss)