[WikiEN-l] Our content gets *everywhere*

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 19:38:57 UTC 2007

> Not that I know of. I even emailed the FSF for clarification and got
> back that simplifications are oversimplifications and people really do
> need to read the license.

I always found that mildly ironic. If people widely read and
understood the GFDL the FSF would lose significant credibility in
short order.

> My goodness the GFDL is a crap license for a wiki ...

Pure GFDL is useful only for the GNU manifesto nothing else. For
anything else CC-BY-ND does the job better.

The modified version of the GFDL we use is just about acceptable for
books but is still pretty poor.

--
geni