[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Aug 23 17:26:55 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The backlog is probably in the area of making sound judgements
> > (especially in deciding whether or not to delete).  This can be done
> > without adminship at all, though.
>
> That's an interesting point. People seem to miss that there is more to
> adminship than the technical admin tools. Closing AfDs is an admin
> power,

Last time I checked policy stated (*) that only closing highly
disputed AfDs was "an admin power", though those are the only ones
that take a significant amount of time anyway.  This was a step up in
power from the rules during the early days, when the rules
specifically said that non-admins were allowed to close VfDs.

(*) I can't find the policy at the moment, though.