[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 17:12:55 UTC 2007

On 23/08/07, Eugene van der Pijll <eugene at vanderpijll.nl> wrote:
> Anthony schreef:
> > What about "semi-adminship"?  The power to block, delete, and view
> > deleted articles, but not to unblock, undelete, edit while blocked, or
> > edit while protected?
>
> That would give the "destructive" admin powers to semi-admins, while
> withholding the "constructive" ones.

I wouldn't classify them as "destructive" and "constructive". I'd
classify them as actions "against" (can't think of a better word)
regular users, and actions "against" admins. It makes sense for
semi-admins to have "power over" (again, can't think of a better
phrase) regular users, but not (other) admins.