[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:07:30 UTC 2007

> Admin powers should be granted automatically to users who have been
> around a while, basically.

Not everyone that's been around a while is suitable to become an
admin. We generally try and avoid banning people if it can be helped,
if not banning someone would result in them becoming an admin, we
would end up with no choice but to ban them.

Also, it's necessary for admins not only to be trustworthy, but to be
trusted. We have enough problems with that as it is, making everyone
that's been around for 6 months (or whatever) an admin would reduce
that trust even more.