[WikiEN-l] SEOs on doing stupid Wikipedia tricks (for the bored)

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Mon Aug 20 11:49:13 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSi60Zj6JXU
>
> Some idiot, somewhere, is going to think this is a good idea.

I guess I'm an idiot then, because I think it's a good idea. I don't think
we have to wait until we have a top ranking "enemy" in Google search
results, I think we can add more internal links to everything regardless
of the circumstances of the particular article. Because we want Wikipedia
to rank highly, and we want readers to have an engaging surfing experience
where they can follow their curiosity from article to article, across all
disciplines and fields of knowledge. Heavily-linked articles are an
important part of Wikipedia's style. If the SEO people want to help with
that, that's fine by me.

-- Tim Starling