[WikiEN-l] Times article (London)

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 22:21:08 UTC 2007

On 8/20/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> on 8/19/07 4:22 PM, Ian Woollard at ian.woollard at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I think that domain experts should be paired with wikiexperts; that
> > way the wikiexperts can hand-hold the domain experts around the
> > wikirules, and help revert unreasonable edits by others.
>
> There's a seed here; something to be seriously considered.
> >
> >> I ask this with my tongue partially planted in my cheek: If a person,
> >> recognized as especially knowledgeable in a field, makes an edit to a
> >> article in that field, then cites their own texts as sources, would this be
> >> acceptable to the Project? Do you see what I¹m getting at? Who would
> >> Einstein have cited?
> >
> > Lorentz; or other people that have studied Einstein. Push came to
> > shove he could ask somebody notable to write something about it and
> > then reference it ;-)
> >
> Einstein was the only person capable of giving Einstein an argument. Can you
> imagine reverting him! :-)

In fact, Arthur Eddington is the standard source on relativity, not Einstein
himself. Arguably also the Feynman Lectures would be a good place to
use.

And far from people not being able to argue with Einstein, in fact Albert
held various correspondences with people who espoused rival theories
(some of them even producing very nearly identical results to those of
the relativity theory). Not to mention the long and very tight
argument he had
against "god playing with dice".

It is a popular fiction that Einstein had no peer within physics.