[WikiEN-l] Our content gets *everywhere*

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 16:45:56 UTC 2007

On 8/18/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> No court has ever held that to be an exclusive list.

I made this point before, but I think I need to make it again: are we
actually discussing whether or not this is ok and what we should do
about it?

We're wikipedia! We're the people that look at the culture of
ownership and lawsuits and say "No! Free content can be as good as
non-free!" We're supposed to stand for something profound. The
policies could have been created so that every contributor licenses
his contributions to the Wikimedia Foundation to do with what they
wish and it would probably not have hurt wikipedia one bit (it
certainly works well for YouTube). But we didn't! Because we're not
those kind of people, that's not what we believe!

Seriously, are we really discussing this? There are times when I read
this list and I just can't believe what some people are saying.

--Oskar