[WikiEN-l] Clarification about prevailing AFD closing practices

Leif Knutsen vyerllc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:51:34 UTC 2007

I'd like some views on an issue that's come to puzzle me very recently,
namely the basis for closing and deciding the outcome of an AFD. Here's my
understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong:
* Articles are generally subject to deletion if they violate any of the
criteria for inclusion, outlined here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_policy#Reasons_for_deletion
* If it is clear-cut, there are ways to accelerate the deletion policy
* If there is controversy, especially with notability, the matter is put to
a community of editors who are interested in the discussion
* Unless a clear consensus emerges, the discussion goes for a prescribed
period of time
* No consensus defaults to keeping the article; only when there is a clear
sense to delete is it deleted
* As a matter of community trust, the closing admin is obliged to not have
an interest in any content dispute, but is rather charged with interpreting
the sense of the discussion to discern whether there is a consensus.

Did I get anything wrong here?