[WikiEN-l] Are there really articles on Wikipedia that need fixing, or just gossip that needs hashed?

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 3 08:18:45 UTC 2007

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On 8/3/07, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't really know what's going on here, and I don't know all the
>> histories.
> [snip]
>
> Only a small part of the people who edit are involved in 'community
> matters' and only an infinitesimal number have been involved in this
> 'discussion'.

If anything, getting involved in arguments like this actually increases
my editing output. I find that doing large amounts of repetitive and
uncontroversial work, such as categorization, format tidying, reference
markup, etc., is a great way to work off the frustration and annoyance.

I don't _like_ it, though, so I wouldn't exactly recommend it as a
motivator.