[WikiEN-l] Please stop this Re: The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re: Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 21:39:09 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Kirill Lokshin <kirill.lokshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> As for limiting the damage: what people have been trying to tell you
> -- and what some people just don't seem to get -- is that the measures
> being taken *aren't* limiting the damage.

I have seen this claim a few times.  Except in the sense that this
thread exist where a number of editors are engaging in victim-blaming,
I don't see any grounds to believe that it's true.  For instance I
edit very broadly and participate in many discussions on Wikipedia,
and until I received an email from Armedblowfish (who really doesn't
deserve to be called a troll) I had no idea that this silly thing on
Slashdot existed or that anybody cared about it.

I'm no friend of zionism, to put it mildly, which is one reason I tend
to stay away from Israel/Palestine articles.  However this doesn't
mean that it's okay for people to engage in, and propagate, personal
attacks on people who are suspected of, or openly support, zionism.
And that applies especially to established, valued editors who have
long been subjected to personal attacks.

If there were anything to this matter, the arbitration committee would
(and should) act. If not, we should not let Wikipedia editors use it
as an excuse to settle scores.