[WikiEN-l] The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re: Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 19:24:17 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Stephen Park <stephenpark15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The thing is, whether we like it or not, SV is outed and there's
[snip]

Perhaps not. Doesn't matter for the point you were making:

> It's not "appeasement", it's the only practical solution if you are
> serious about both protecting yoru anonymity (or regaining it, to be
> more accurate) and saving Wikipedia from endless drama.

Right.

Either

A. continued speculation/discussion/etc on wiki (or elsewhere) about
Sarah's 'real identity' is harmful to her. In which case the best
course of action for *HER* (and, incidentally everyone else) is to
leave, take a break, and start anew with a fresh identity (providing
she doesn't realize how crazy coming back is.. muhaha).

B. continued speculation/discussion/etc is not harmful to her, in
which case the suppression of that discussion on wiki is totally
unjustified and unnecessarily drama inducing. If this is the case we
should just shrug the drama off and go on with life. Like all other
drama it will just blow over in time.