[WikiEN-l] Please stop this Re: The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re: Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 05:09:18 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Stephen Park <stephenpark15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're seriously being an asshole with your offensive comparison.
>
> ArmedBlowfish's "rape" analogy is trolling, pure and simple and Jay
> should stop posting this troll's comments immediately.

"Trolling" is thrown around way too much on this list and on
Wikipedia.  Do you really think that ArmedBlowfish does not mean
his/her comments in good faith and is only saying these things to
cause an argument?  Because that's what trolling is.  It's not simply
saying argumentative things; it's doing so deliberately to cause an
argument for your own amusement.

I may disagree with AB's input and even find it rather less than
helpful, but I don't think it's being said in bad faith.

-Matt