No subject

Wed Apr 18 14:20:01 UTC 2007

similar (including all of the continents except Africa is the same as
excluding Africa from the set of continents, after all).

> This may very well be a matter of software, which is an area I know
> absolutely nothing about. My solution of including both main & sub
> categories in the same Article is based on what I understand about the
> process - which is about as elementary as it gets. In fact, I am open to any
> solution that meets the needs I cited above.

I think that it would be best served by a change of software. Your
solution would serve your purpose at the cost of mine, while a change
in software to support unions/intersections would serve both of us.
However, I don't know PHP (which I believe is what the mediawiki is
written in), so I am unfortunately unable to do anything about it.

Of course, I am open to other solutions as well--I'm just hesitant to
implement any solutions which reduce existing functionality, as yours
would do. 'First, do no harm' is also important here, I think.

Tracy Poff