[WikiEN-l] Citation obsession

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Apr 30 12:11:47 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some way to show what information is covered by what citation would be
> excellent - any suggestions? The only things I can think of end up
> destroying the human readability of the source code (which is bad
> enough as it is).

The concept of having a latex-like "source code" which is edited
directly is probably bound to blow up eventually if Wikipedia is going
to survive.  I really don't think there's a good way to show the
myriad of overlapping sources until then, which is probably years away
at the earliest.

Adding sources to the edit summaries might be enough to help us
extract the sources after the fact, though.

Adding a hidden (by default) reference tag would at least keep the
ugliness confined to the editors.

Anthony