[WikiEN-l] Citation obsession

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 22:09:13 UTC 2007

> But if you only have one cite in a paragraph someone will slap a
> [citation needed] on individual facts within the paragraph.  There's
> no way in Wikipedia to differentiate between "This cite covers the
> entire paragraph" from "This cite covers this sentence" without
> leaving a comment in the code.

I would hope that someone adding {{fact}} tags will look at a citation
at the end of the paragraph and see if it includes the information
they are concerned about. If they don't, then it isn't hard to remove
the fact tag.

Some way to show what information is covered by what citation would be
excellent - any suggestions? The only things I can think of end up
destroying the human readability of the source code (which is bad
enough as it is).