[WikiEN-l] [Wikitech-l] Reasons never to remove nofollow

Andrew Cates andrew at catesfamily.org.uk
Fri Apr 27 13:25:49 UTC 2007

I don't get it (or at least understand it that way). The article says
wikipedia (with nofollow) generates lots of traffic and is very
valuable. So nofollow doesn't put people off spamming. Everytime we ask
at Project Wikispam everyone agree adding nofollow hasn't helped at all.
All it does is give a false warming feeling to people "at least these
SoBs aren't getting pagerank from us". And nofollow is a 6m Neon sign
saying "our content cannot be trusted" so the true warming feeling goes
to Britannica.

BozMo