[WikiEN-l] Unsourced biographies

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Fri Apr 27 00:01:41 UTC 2007

phoebe ayers wrote:

> If the article in question can only be sourced to such websites (university
> bios, musical group bios, fan websites) or can only be sourced to current
> newspaper articles, and there are no other sources available, no matter how
> hard we look (no traditional encyclopedia entries, no who's who, no "music
> of the 1990s" book entries, no printed bios or interviews in magazines, etc)
> then that seems like a reasonable point to consider whether we need the bio.
No one's saying they *should* be, but you can't call an article
unreferenced if it can be sourced to those things.  The effort was made,
after all.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman